In Reply To...
Confirm post delete
Report a post
Daisy, I dont know if you attend church BUT if you do I would contact my church and see if they have any help that you can get. I know when I went to my church resently they paid all of my utilities so that they were not disconnected. I would also check with catholic Charities, Salvation Army social service department, check local churches that have a neighborhood social service department. Good luck and GOD bless
The Church of Christ Giving Tree program has grown and branched out to include give aways at their 1301 Main St location. Several times a year they open the building to area families in need of clothing and food. Last year they gave out over 118 thousand pounds of food to area familes, this year looks to be doubled. They also host the Angel Food program at this location. Call the church directly and find out when their next giveaway will be held. I would also check and see if they are offering any help for families at Christmas.
North Canton Church of Christ
1301 East Maple Street
North Canton, OH 44720
Clothing and small household items away every Wednesday from 1-4 p.m. to Clinton County residents in need of assistance. Donations are accepted during this time. Call for more information.
Upcoming Dates December 16, 23, and 30th
For over 23 years, the ALFC church family has provided clothing to over 1500 families a year in the El Paso and Juarez area. Clothes are given away throughout the year and anyone attending service on a give-away Sunday may receive as much clothing as needed for his/her immediate family. If you need clothing please call their offices for information about their next giveaway 915.532.8543 . This churches does a lot for their community for Christmas, thanksgiving Back to school. I advise anyone living in these areas to contact the church or vist theor website at http://www.alfc.com/alfc/our_church/welcome/tabid/388/Default.aspx. This is one of the largest churches in the el Paso area and has a large resouce to draw from. They also have a food pantry,
As a result of the generous giving of the ALFC church family and donations from other organizations and businesses, approximately 500 bags of food per week are given to families in need after each of our regular services. Each year, nearly 400,000 pounds of food are distributed. Recipients may receive food as often as they attend church.
To receive food, simply visit one of our regular adult services; and you will receive a coupon to pick up free food after the service has ended. Sounds great to me.
Hello, I noticed that you are looking mainly for clothes for the family. I would try the local Freecycle.com and see if anyone has these items that they would like to donate, I would also check the local Craigslist as well as go to the Goodwill and Salvation Army. I know that with both the Salvation Army and Goodwill if you go to their social service department they will give vouchers where you can go to their stores and get the needed clothes and other items. Good luck and GOD bless
Xia, check your mail I sent you a personal message regarding your need.
Here are some links that might be able to help you out.
Texas Department of Housing including 1st time home buying programs: http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/overview.ht…
STATE’S WEB SITE: http://www.texasonline.com/
STATE’S HOUSING AUTHORITY: http://www.hud.gov/offices/pih/pha/conta…
HUD SECTION 8 HOUSING: http://www.nhlp.org/html/sec8/index.htm
FHA Rural Housing loan programs: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/common/in…
US Government Housing assistance grants all areas:
US Government Grants page: http://www.grants.gov/
US Federal Domestic Assistance catalog for all Federal Programs available to State & Local Governments & the Public
Low Income Home Purchase Assistance (Private): http://www.nehemiahcorp.org/
AFFORDABLE HOUSING CONTACT LIST FROM REALTOR.COM US GOVERNMENT AND ALL STATES: http://www.homefair.com/homefair/servlet…
I hope that you find help for you and your family. I was wondering are your working at the moment? if not are you getting assistance from Social Services? Good luck and GOD bless if you should need more help let me know I will be happy to see what else can be found.
With so many people out of work, companies closing down, jobs being outsoursed to other countries and no sign of them coming back (thank you President Obama) its time for people to take the lead and get themselves trained and back working. I found this article that tells the fastest growing careers and the salaries, these salaries differ from state to state and city to city.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a higher than average rate of growth for many positions and roles in the healthcare industry through 2010 (Source: bls.gov 2008-2009). From registered nurses to medical assistants, here are the best career opportunities and salary outlook if you're interested in a career in the healthcare industry:
1. Medical Assistants. These healthcare professionals are responsible for coordinating day-to-day office operations in a healthcare facility, managing patient files, and keeping track of patient activities on a doctor or physician's behalf. Special training is often required, making this a specialized role beyond a typical receptionist or front desk position; as a result, average annual salaries are a reported $27,190 for 2008 and the industry is expected to accommodate for a 35 percent growth through 2010.
2. Receptionists and information clerks. From healthcare database libraries to manning the front desk of a retail healthcare operation, receptionists will continue to be in high demand for the upcoming years. The occupational growth is expected to reach at least 17 percent, offering an average annual salary of $23,180. The sector is expected to increase by 202,000 new jobs through 2010.
3. Computer software engineers. As the healthcare industry continues to rely on computer applications and databases to manage recordkeeping, reporting, and general administration, demand for innovative and skilled developers of computer software is also on the rise. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a whopping 45 percent growth in this segment. The average salary for computer software engineers is $82,000 in 2008.
4. Registered nurses. Almost 600,000 new jobs are expected to open up for registered nurses through 2010, with increasing opportunities in management and supervisory positions. The average annual salary for RNs is $59,730 for 2008, and the position requires the completion of a nursing program as well as gaining experience through intership or formal training program at a hospital
5. Nurses aides. The demand for certified nursing aides is increasing as baby boomers retire and require special care. Average salaries are $22,960, or between $11.00 - $13.00 per hour for 2008. While this doesn't seem like enough for someone completing their education in the medical field, nursing aides do have many opportunities for career growth and can build their skills to take on roles with more responsibility.
6. Home health aides. Home health aides are needed to take care of patients before and after surgery in the comfort of their own homes. The position requires certification in order to act as a caregiver or personal attendant. This segment of the healthcare industry is also growing rapidly with growing demand for specialized care for the elderly, mothers on maternity leave, and for patients who are recovering from surgery. The average annual salary is $20,100 for 2008, and it is one of the fastest growing specializations with an anticipated growth of 49 percent.
7. Computer systems analysts. With both corporate hospitals and independent practices relying on efficient computer systems and networks to manage data, demand for computer systems analysts is also on the rise. The position requires in-depth knowledge of hospital and clinic operations along with software options applicable to the industry. Average annual salaries for computer systems analysts across all industries are expected to be $72,230 in 2008 with a 29 percent increase in jobs.
The healthcare industry is quickly adapting to technology and requiring skilled computer systems engineers, analysts and administrators as a result. It is also anticipating rapid growth in the fields of home health care and patient care, and registered nurses, home health aides, and personal attendants can all enjoy more opportunities in the upcoming years.
I agree, abortion is never the answer, remember to have an abortion is to have that on your mind for the rest of your life, the fact that you would have had a daughter or son and each year you will remember that child would have been a year older. Abortion is something that you can never excape. If you have this child and decide you can raise it there is always adoption, there are so many good families out there that would willingly adopt and love your child for the rest of its life. You would always know that your child was in good hands being tooken care of and sometimes if you have an open adoption they will allow you to still be part of that childs life. Think about this real clearly and remember abortion is just a nice name for murder and it will be something that will haunt you, I know I know women that have had abortions and that is something after 15 and 22 years later they have not gotten over. Good luck and GOD bless
Stacyann that was lovely and so true, we sould give thanks everyday for what we have, after all if we sit and think about it we have more then others around the world. We are a spoiled nation of people and we forget that we have a lot and should be thankful for that. When I see post like yours it makes me remember how lucky I am, ,I may not be able to give my kids the toys they want this year BUT I can give them love and remind them of the true meaning of Christmas. GOD bless and thank you for such a wonderful post
Hello everone, I hope that your Thanksgiving will be great this year. For anyone living in or near Covina, California there will be a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at Faith Community Church, its free and everyone and anyone is welcome. The food is out of this world great and the atmosphere is wonderful. Faith Community Church is located at 1211 E Badillo Street, West Covina, CA, I incourage anyone living in Southern California aand can make it to go and especially if they have kids.